Monday, February 2, 2009

Netflix: What Is It Good For?


Watch Instantly. They could refuse to mail me another DVD and I'd still be jazzed about my Netflix membership. I tore myself away from the third year of Law and Order: SVU to type this.

Streaming sites like Hulu are great if you're only interested in a taste. Imagine my disappointment when I was left hanging on the season two finale of Buffy. It's not the host site's fault - they're at the mercy of the owners of each individual production. But since Netflix made their watch instantly program an unlimited feature, I can go back to SVU and watch all the way through the seventh season. (If I thought I could stay up five thousand hours straight, I just might.)

Besides having the entirety of many television shows, Netflix has added the Starz line up to their watch instantly queue. That means tons of hit movies are now available 24/7 at Netflix.com. Take my advice - Drop that cumbersome Blockbuster membership and grab some Netflix. It's worth every penny of eight dollars and ninety-nine cents.


P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Netflix or it's partner companies. I am not "The Man." This was not an attempt at advertisement, but a geek out about something I love. I accept no hate mail. Cheers.

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

Agree, Netflix Watch Instantly is great. Your comment that sites like Hulu are only good for a taste is interesting (and true, especially if you decide late that you want to catch up with a show). Sort of the difference between getting a song and the whole CD.